KP STUDIO ARCHITECT is currently seeking a motivated individuals to grow with us in our Ocala office.
In this role you will prepare customer submittal and shop fabrication drawings of steel structures and related hardware using AutoCAD software. You will be working from verbal and written instructions, marked prints, sketches and engineering design calculations. You will also be responsible for preparing bill of materials cost estimates and proposal forms.
What You’ll Do
• Calculating dimensions, weight limitations and requirements in materials
• Identify needs for tooling and fixturing for each new job order, and assist in their design or procurement
• Create detailed designs with computer-aided design (CAD) software
• Aid assembly personnel during the first build of a structure type
• Design diagrams, maps and layouts to illustrate workflow
• Prepare and review rough sketches and review them along with the engineering team
• Identify potential operational issues and redesign products to improve functionality
• Ensure final designs comply with regulations and quality standards
• Create manuals that describe existing products’ operation, features and maintenance
• Distribute released engineering drawings and documentation at work stations
• Obtain photos and videos of product and processes for use in documentation
• Participate in Op/Ex events
• Assist in creating or editing engineering drawings and documents
• Other duties as assigned
What You’ll Need
• Associates Degree preferred
• 3+ years of project engineering experience
• Knowledge of Computer Aided Design / Drafting software (AutoCAD, SolidWorks, etc. preferred)
• Understanding of drafting standards (dimensioning, etc.)
• Drafting and Design Technology Certificate preferred
• Understanding of fabrication practices
• Microsoft Office suite experience and proficiency with Excel
• Experience in a LEAN manufacturing organization preferred
• Excellent ability to communicate and interface with peers and customer representatives
• Strong analytical, organizational, decision-making abilities
• Full- time position
• Work environment includes plant, warehouse, production, and non-production areas
• This position may require work/maintenance coverage beyond the normal hours, shift, and on weekends/holidays
• Ability to tolerate both high and low temperatures, loud noises typical of a manufacturing plant
• Be aware of and observe all safety practices.
• Know and follow all safety rules and procedures.
• Participate in safety committees and initiatives as assigned.
As an important member of the team, you will be responsible for:
• Activating the potential of our people,
• Caring for our customers,
• Optimizing operations and
• Integrating sustainability into our daily practices as well as our long-term strategy and promote a results-driven culture that is aligned with long term value creation.
• Benefits Include:
• Health & Pharmacy
• Dental & Vision
• Critical Illness
• Flexible Spending Accounts
• Company Paid Life & AD&D Insurance
• Voluntary Life & AD&D Insurance
• 401(k) W/Company Match
• Short-Term Disability
• Voluntary Long-Term Disability
• Employee Assistance Program
Apply today, we are looking forward for you to be part of the KP STUDIO ARCHITECT team.